9 Surprising Features of the 2016 Mazda CX-9
Since its debut, the All-New 2016 Mazda CX-9 has redefined what’s possible in a premium 3-row, seven-passenger vehicle. It truly earns its title as “the driver’s SUV,” with innovative features that improve your confidence and control behind the wheel. While indulgent materials enhance its thoughtfully crafted, refined interior. The new CX-9 is intuitively designed to feel like an extension of you.
- QUIET SPACE
- A priority with CX-9 was with highlighting it’s upscale driving experience with an aural quality to match. Mazda engineers added 53 pounds of sound insulation throughout CX-9’s structure to keep the vehicle quieter than many much more expensive vehicles.
- STANDARD LED LIGHTING
- Inside and out, LED lighting comes standard on the all-new CX-9. The LED headlights and taillights are brighter to help with visibility. The interior LED lights slowly illuminate as you enter the cabin and keep the cabin illuminated throughout your journey with cool-toned accents.
- EASY-ACCESS TO THE THIRD ROW
- A sliding second row seats give easy access to the third row even with a car seat installed.
- TWO USB PORTS FOR BACKSEAT PASSENGERS
- Not guaranteed to stop the second row passengers from fighting over the armrest, but the two USB ports will keep their devices charged. The USB ports are rated and 2.1 amps apiece – enough to keep tablets and smartphones amply charged through any road trip.
- SECOND-ROW RETRACTABLE SUNSHADES
- Never again will you need suction cup window shades. Second-row passengers can enjoy their ride with built in retractable shades that block out heat, sun glare and flashes from the paparazzi.
- ACTIVE DRIVING DISPLAY
- A windshield-projected Active Driving Display makes the driver feel like he or she is in the cockpit of a fighter jet. Navigation, Advanced Blind Spot Monitoring, Mazda Radar Cruise Control and much more are presented on the lower windshield, allowing the driver to enjoy your drive by keeping your head up and eyes on the road.
- With seven passengers comes seven times the cargo. Two storage bins underneath the cargo floor provide extra storage. When the second- and third-row seats are folded down, you’ll have more than 70 cubic feet of storage.
- BOSE 12-SPEAKER SYSTEM
- Because you can never have too many speakers. Mazda’s R&D team and BOSE sound engineers worked together to create an exceptional-sounding system that complements CX-9’s already impressive driving experience.
- ALL-NEW SIGNATURE TRIM LEVEL
- Mazda’s new Signature trim level debuted on the 2016 CX-9 with added luxurious touches and features. CX-9’s rosewood interior accents are sourced from a premium Japanese guitar maker. Aluminum trim is inspired by the blade of a knife. And it’s Nappa leather’s Auburn was created to look like saddle leather – a subtle nod to Mazda’s “horse and rider as one” driving philosophy.